Saturday, May 2, 2015

For Mom

Mother's Day is coming, I wanted to make something for my mom. I finished it with plenty of time to send it in the mail.  Whew!


I tried to make something she would enjoy looking at.  Religion is an extremely important part of her life.  I wanted to respect that and celebrate the comfort her faith gives her.

 
 
My mother and I have not always agreed on things, but she is a wonderful, kind woman.  I have learned to appreciate her much more as I have aged and begun to understand some of the challenges she faced.
 
 

9 comments:

  1. that is gorgeous Liz! I love the framing of this with the 'rays of light' which no doubt your mom will love. what a thoughtful gift for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful and so very thoughtful. She will be deeply moved by this beautiful gift you created for her

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure your Mum will be delighted, first-because of the gift and second-because of the recpect for her faith.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Liz ~ what a gift from the heart! The rays and the colors and that it came from your own hands...your Mom is sure to treasure this always.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Liz,
    This is a beautiful and meaningful gift for your Mom. It is so radiant, one that I am sure will be cherished.
    Therese

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I'm sure she will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,
    Your piece is so stunning, I know your mom will love it!
    Happy early Mothers day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It has been weeks since I"ve been able to check my blog reader, but I'm having my coffee and enjoying catching up this morning! This piece is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love what you've been doing attaching these pieces to frames. This is such a thoughtful gift, I"m sure your mom was very touched by it. Great work!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome smart people. Please, tell me what you think.