Thursday, January 28, 2016

From the Sea


I've moved to California, where I go beachcombing every chance I get.  I found a nice quiet spot that always has glass and shells, and also made a new friend.  She is a fellow beachcomber and is teaching me all about the nuances of beach glass.  She is my glass sister, I made this necklace for her.


This is the first time I pulled my beads out in two months.  Maybe my muse has finally come out of hiding.  I hope so!  I want her to stay with me.  I need her to help me figure out what to do with all the treasure I have found so far.


I've noticed a lot of my beautiful bead sisters have been quiet lately.   Time changes our relationships, not only to each other but also to things, like our blogs.  On a selfish note, I hope you can re-kindle the interest in your blogs, as they have enriched my life.  But, I also realize there is a natural time for moving on.  If the road leads to new things, than I can only express thanks for the time spent, it was well worth it.
 

At times our light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person.  Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.
-Albert Schweitzer

4 comments:

  1. I'm addicted to beach glass too. I've been collecting it since the 70s but not as avidly as I do now. I've slowed down on my blogging too but things pick up in the spring. Unfortunately I've lost 9 followers over the past couple of months. I heard that blogger was deleting blogs that haven't been updated in years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so soothing and Alive! It really echoes the sea. I adore this necklace you made for your glass sister ~ how fortunate for you both to have found each other and enjoy that peacefulness together.
    There is a lot of silence out in the bead blog world over the past several months. I hear a lot of people say they want to bead, but the muse has flown away. Your kindness and understanding is heartfelt. I think about the void I would feel if these people I have become friends with, and their blogs, really do go away. All things are cyclical but the letting go, if it comes to that, is hard.
    I am drooling over your beach loot! You may have triggered something in me. I have vases upon vases full of rocks, glass, and shells but haven't touched them in quite a while and looking at your picture gave me that sense of longing. So...to the vases, I go! That Schweitzer is a damn smart guy ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't realize you were moving to CA?! Hope that you've settled in nicely. I love all your treasures that you're collecting and can't wait to see what you do with them. This one you have here feels so organic almost tangled in kelp - it's beautiful! How lovely to have a glass sister ... I hope it brings you lovely new adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really beautiful. I love the unique shape and the colour, of course since it is my favourite colour. Hope the move went well and that you will soon be creating beautiful bead work

    ReplyDelete

Welcome smart people. Please, tell me what you think.