Friday, December 15, 2017

Christmas in California



I have a friend who lives a few towns over.  Between us, in the mountains, burns one of California's largest wildfires, the Thomas fire.  It began on Dec 4th and is still going strong.  It has burned 252,500 acres so far.  There are currently 8,369 fire personnel, 1,012 fire engines, 32 helicopters, 78 dozers, and 62 water tenders fighting the fire.  One firefighter has lost his life.

As a tribute/reflection on this fire, and all the herculean efforts to contain it, my friend created a Christmas card I wanted to share.  She is a talented and creative artist. 

Outside my front door, which is covered with ashes from the fire.
This is written on the inside:

In Life, it's all about what you have left,
versus what has been taken.
Find the shiny spot in life!!

I'm not the kind of person that holds on to many Christmas cards.  But, this one is a keeper.

6 comments:

  1. I can't imagine the horror of living through this. My prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome card. My heart breaks for all the losses suffered in the west from fires this year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful, positive sentiment at such a scary, devastating time.
    Thinking of you all, my sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so glad you were okay!!!
    I was really worried about you, my friend friend.
    Beautiful tribute, they work really hard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I missed this post! I've been so absent from the blogosphere. the cards are a great idea to recognize the hard work the firefighters are doing ... those fires are scary!

    ReplyDelete

Welcome smart people. Please, tell me what you think.